Equality Duty Statement
Equality Act 2010
At Marsh Gibbon CE School, we are committed to ensuring equality of opportunity and provision for all pupils, staff, parents and carers irrespective of race, gender, disability, belief, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, age or socio-economic background.
There are a number of statutory duties that must be met by every school in line with legislation from the Race Relations Amendment Act 2000, the Disability Equality Duty 2005 and the Equality Act 2010.
We, at Marsh Gibbon CE School, are committed to meeting our public sector duties and acknowledge
that we have a statutory duty to:
· Eliminate any form of discrimination, harassment and victimisation.
· Promote equality of access and opportunity within our school and wider community.
· Promote positive attitudes to difference and good relationships between people of
different backgrounds, cultures, genders, faiths, abilities and ethnic origins.
Our Equality Objectives for 2020-2024
· To continue to raise levels of achievement in the core subjects for vulnerable learners.
· To continue to monitor and support attendance of all groups of pupils.
· To widen pupils’ understanding and experiences of cultural and religious diversity.
· To encourage levels of parental engagement in learning and school life to support equity of access and engagement.
· To ensure the school environment is as accessible as possible to all pupils, parents, staff and visitors. These objectives are supported within the School Development Plan, the school’s promotion of British Values, the school’s Christian Values and the school’s Accessibility Policy and Plan.